Some different questions regarding suas mapserver 4 (interesting software!!):
- Is postgresql a requirement or not? It is listed in the mandatory prerequisites but together with mysql (1 and 2). Perhaps this means I can use EITHER 1 or 2?
I tried my installation (ubuntu) with both of them enabled (just to be safe), but our production server has not postgresql so I wonder if it is mandatory or not
- May I change the server url somehow? I have a different hostname if accessing from inside or outside the university. As I configured suas from inside, I used the "local" name when creating the googlemaps API, but then it doesnt work when accessing from home
EDIT (I answer myself): this setting is in config.php file, $baseserverhost
- I am so interested in creating a PHP script which might somehow define a custom WMS service, not depending on any server files. 2 different approaches:
1. Let's say I want let the user pass a POST query with data, so mapserver processes them to generate WMS responses. Could you please give me clues on how to accomplish this?
2. My php script would get data from my own defined mysql tables, and I want to create a WMS from that.
So both are similar cases: the key is how to pass data (and which format) to the appropiate existing saus php scripts which generate the WMS responses
Thank you very much in advance for your help